You can get your fill of Parmesan crusted shrimp at Red Lobster or Olive Garden, but as with any other recipe, it is so much nicer when made at home. This dish is simple to make, inexpensive, and incredibly delicious. For presentation purposes, be sure to take some care to retain the tails. This recipe is great for either a main dish, side dish, or snack.
We have recently made this recipe and were very impressed with the results. It was visually pleasing, crispy, and had a rich, elegant flavor. You might consider serving this with homemade french fries or a fresh garden salad. A cold glass of beer or a glass of red wine is another welcomed addition. No matter what the occasion, Parmesan crusted shrimp will be a big hit.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 10-14 medium to large shrimps, deveined and shelled (keep the tails)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 raw eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Servings: 3
- Time: 50 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
- Peel and devein the shrimp, but be sure to keep the tails. Set aside.
- Use 3 medium sized bowls. Combine the pepper, salt, and flour in the first bowl. In a different bowl, combine the eggs and the garlic powder. Add the bread crumbs to the last bowl.
- Taking the shrimp by the tail, dredge them into the bowl of flour. Be sure that the shrimp is evenly coated. Secondly, dip them into the bowl of beaten eggs. Thirdly, coat each shrimp generously with the dry breadcrumbs. Set them aside.
- Add some olive oil and butter in a preheated frying pan. Fry shrimp over a medium heat for only 2 or 3 minutes or until they turn pinkish in color. Set them aside on a baking tray. Remember, don’t over cook the shrimp or they will become rubbery.
- Generously sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the shrimp. Place them into a preheated oven set 375 degrees for only about 5 minutes.
- Serve your Parmesan Crusted Shrimp with your favorite brand of dipping sauce. A standard shrimp sauce you can purchase in grocery stores can be used in a pinch.
- As always, enjoy!