This perfect filled cheese sandwich is so much nicer than ordinary grilled cheese which has always been one of my favourites. The outcome is a nicely melted cheese in the middle and crispy crunchy cheese on the outside. This sandwich is out of this world. Everybody I make them for simply loves them. Believe me, they are a great hit with the kids.
Just a few tips. I always use white bread, as it produces the best results, but feel free to use the bread of your choice. I find if you use whole wheat or other breads, there is too much fibre. You can use the cheese of your choice, but I find old sharp cheddar is so good and fries to perfection. Cheese slices can be used too. Keep in mind, the better the cheese, the better the sandwich.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 1 cup of old sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Add the butter to a pan over medium low heat and let it melt down.
- Place the cheese in so it resembles the size of each piece of bread and place the bread over the cheese.
- Put a generous layer of cheese over one piece of bread. and allow the bread to cook. Allow it to cook until the cheese on the bottom becomes crusty. Just about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cook for another few minutes.
- Give it a flip over to the other side after a minute or two.
- Plate, slice, and serve with pickle or ketchup.
- Enjoy your perfect inside out grilled cheese sandwich.