Slow cooker meatballs are simple, easy, and yummy. All you have to do is make up the mixture, form the meatballs, slip them into the slow cooker, and walk away. Eight hours later, you have the most delicious, moth watering meatballs you could ever imagine. I often make them up during the week the night before. That way, they can soak in the sauce overnight. I get up the next morning, throw them in the crock pot, and go to work. When I come home, dinner is ready. You can eat them in a sub, over pasta, solo in a bowl, etc. There are so many applications to these delicious little devils.
There are a few cooking tips to these tasty little meatballs. I use ground sirloin, but you can use regular ground beef. It’s wise, however, to get lean ground beef as there is no way to drain the fat off. You can use any type of spaghetti sauce. I use our own homemade sauce. The dish can be made in four hours if you are strapped for time. Simply crank the slow cooker up to high. If you are a garlic lover, you could add a couple of cloves in. You might even consider throwing in some chopped onions, as well.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo (1 pound) of ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of sage
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups of spaghetti sauce
- Yield: 16-18
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add the ground sirloin, bread crumbs, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and tabasco sauce to a mixing bowl. Start mixing with a spoon and then change to your hands. Make sure everything is well combined.
- Scoop up a heaping tbsp of the mixture, place it in the palm of your hand, and shape it into a meatball. Set it aside on a plate and repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce into the crock pot liner and add the meatballs in. Use a spoon to push them down a little to make sure they are completely submerged in the sauce. Place the lid on, turn the crock pot to low, and allow them to cook for 7 or 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy your slow cooker meat balls.