Homemade Crispy Hash Browns
This hash brown recipe is easy to make, It’s crispy and delicious just like one you bought from fast food and stores. They consist of a combination of grated potatoes, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, all purpose flour, and cheddar cheese.
I used fairly large 2 potatoes in this recipe. or 4 medium size. After you grate the potatoes, leave them soaked in water for about 5 minutes to remove the starch out. You can make a batch of these babies and freeze them. To make it crispier put them on a cooling rack so, it will not become soggy and remain its texture. This is perfect breakfast, so why not giving it a try. Its easy I promise.Video:
- 2 large russet potatoes (or 4 medium size)
- 2 tbsp cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper
- cooking oil
- Peel potatoes and grate them using a box grater. Set aside in a bowl of cold water.
- Mix and leave for about 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes in a cheesecloth or strainer. Squeeze until all water comes out and drained.
- Fry potatoes over medium heat with oil for about 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat and let it cool for few minutes.
- Add in flour, cheese and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop about big golf ball size. shape into round and then shape into hash brown. (wet your hand using oil so it won't stick).
- Fry in batches until golden brown or freeze if you like.