Mushroom Fried Rice
Mushroom fried rice is colorful, vibrant, and delicious. Personally, this is one of the tastiest rice dishes I have ever had. When the ingredients are combined with the rice, the dish seems to pop to life. Believe me, your family and friends will love it and, undoubtedly, ask for the recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few little tips and suggestions to making this incredibly yummy mushroom fried rice. First, we use button mushrooms, but you can replace or add different mushrooms. For example, some shiitake mushrooms might be a nice touch.
I always make the rice the night before and leave it in the fridge. This allows it to firm up, and it fries up beautifully. If you’re in a rush, you can use freshly made rice or even packaged rice for that matter. This recipe uses whole grain rice, but any kind of rice can be used.
In this dish, we use red bell peppers. Alternatively, you can use green or yellow. I just like the red because to the sweetness. Some of the other ingredients can be altered, as well. For example, add as much or as little pepper, soy sauce, and garlic as you wish.Video:
- 3 Cups of cooked rice
- 8 - 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 tsp of hot chili pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp of chopped green onions
- Pour some oil into a preheated pan.
- Add in the garlic, bell peppers, chili pepper flakes, and mushrooms. Fry them, over medium high heat, until the peppers begin to soften.
- Put the rice in. Toss for a few minutes until the rice is heated through.
- Season with soy sauce and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy your mushroom fried rice.
Share This Recipe