Stir Fried Cabbage and Chicken
Stir fried cabbage and chicken is a simple, healthy, and easy dish. It’s perfect if you’re in a hurry to make a light lunch or snack. As you may know, cabbages one of the world’s healthiest foods and can aid in cholesterol reduction in cancer prevention. It is also delicious when stir fried using the right ingredients. Another advantage is cabbage is inexpensive and available any time of the year. If you have children who do like to eat their vegetables, this dish is perfect as they will love it.
When making this recipe, you can use just about any kind of chicken ranging from little chickens with bones to skinless, boneless chicken breasts.The boneless skinless breasts are healthier, however.
The dish is not meant to be soupy, but if you find it’s a little too dry, you can always double the sauce or add extra chicken stock. as always, you can always adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
You can serve stir fried cabbage and chicken for dinner, lunch, or even as a snack. Make this healthy and delicious dish up today.
- 1/4 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock from boiled chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 medium boneless chicken breasts
- pepper to taste
- 2 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp of cooking wine (optional)
- cooking oil
- Servings: 3
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Chinese
(4 / 5)
- Place the chicken in a pot of water and simmer it over medium low heat for at least 20 minutes. Remove it and allow it to cool completely. Reserve a cup of stock. Shred it into flakes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, stock, sesame oil, cooking wine, and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion and garlic until soft and fragrant,
- Add in the shredded chicken and stir and fry for a few minutes. Add the cabbage and stir fry until tender crisp – approximately 3 minutes or so.
- When the cabbage is tender crisp, pour in the sauce mixture. Cover and allow to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Lightly beat the eggs and distribute it in the pan. Stir and fry it for about a minute or two until the egg is set. Turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share This Recipe