Our juicy savory meatloaf is made with very simple ingredients but the flavour is to die for. I make it up about every eight weeks, and everybody loves it. To tell you the truth, I have to hide a few pieces for meatloaf sandwiches which you will want to make if you have not already done so. Believe me, they are fantastic for lunches.
As with most recipes, there are a few alterations you can make. To begin with, this recipe uses a ground pork/ground beef combination. I find It’s nice to have the two types of meat. If you don’t like one or the other, use ground pork or ground beef exclusively.
We use the following spices in the recipe: garlic, onions, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. These are my favourites, but you can add or delete spices as you see fit.
In this recipe, we brush a simple brown sugar and ketchup glaze onto the loaf. This is completely optional, however. If you are going to use the glaze, it is best to brush on half before you put it in the oven; then, remove it from the oven after 30 minutes, brush on the remaining glaze, and return it to the oven for an additional thirty minutes.
Give our juicy savory meatloaf a try, and let us know what you think.
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Add the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix until well incorporated.
- Add the ketchup and brown sugar to a small bowl and mix.
- Put the meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan. Push it down and even it out.
- Spoon half the glaze over it.
- Place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the remaining glaze over the top.
- Return it to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your juicy savory meatloaf.