Oreo ice cream is so easy to make. The great thing is, this recipe only involves three simple ingredients, and you can make it up for a fraction of the cost that you would buy it for in a store or supermarket. Believe me, everybody will love this Oreo ice cream. As always, give it a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a few secrets to making this delicious ice cream. First, you can use just about anything for flavoring. I like crushed Oreos because who doesn’t love these tasty little cookies. We use the original Oreos in this recipe, but you can use the double stuffed or the strawberry. You can grind them up with a food processor, place them in a Ziploc bag and crushed them, or simply by the Oreo crumbs. You want them ground-up fairly fine, otherwise you’ll end up with big chunks in your ice cream. I frequently get asked if you can use all-purpose cream, but I found it never whips properly. You need cream with the fat content 30% or more. Another little tip in making sure the cream whips up properly is to put your bowl and paddles in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can use a whisk. It’s just a little more work.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 15 Oreo cookies, finally crushed
- 500 ml of whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 tbsp of white granulated sugar
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and grind them up for one or 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can place them in a Ziploc bag and pound them or by Oreo crumbs.
- Pour the whipping cream into a cold bowl and whip for 1 minute until you get bubbles. Add in the sugar and continue whipping for another 3 to 4 minutes until you get soft peaks.
- Add in the crushed Oreos And fold everything together with a spatula.
- Place in a covered container and put it in the freezer for two or three hours.
- Serve and enjoy your simple and easy Oreo ice cream.