Peach and mango rolls is a very easy and delicious dessert made with tropical fruit such as ripe mangoes combined with peaches. It is similar to turon, which uses plantain bananas. The filling, however, is different. In this recipe, we use a double layer wrapper to achieve a thicker crust. To make it sweet, we add brown sugar to the filling.
There are no really complicated steps. The process to fold the wrapper depends on your preferences. The size is your choice, as well. The more filling you have, the thicker the bigger rolls will be. You can also add some langka strips if you wish.
Honestly, we were just experimenting with these because we had some left over wrappers in the freezer. We thought about the peach and mango pie at Jollibee’s restaurant, which we were craving for. We tried several times to make peach and mango pie; unfortunately, we were not satisfied with the outcome. Since it is really difficult reproduce, we came up with the idea of making peach and mango lumpia. The taste is not exact, but the concept is close. Hopefully, in the future, we will add peach and mango pie to our recipes. So, enjoy these spring rolls today. Serve these up with your favorite ice cream. I’m sure you will love them.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- Peaches (fresh or caned), slice in strips
- Ripe mangoes (slice in strips)
- brown sugar
- spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil
- Servings: 4
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Allow the spring roll wrappers to sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Slice the peaches and mangoes into strips, set aside. Overripe mangoes are better to use.
- Lay a double layer of spring roll wrappers on a flat surface. Place the sliced peaches and mangoes diagonally in the middle of the wrapper. Sprinkle with brown sugar according to taste.
- Fold the two edges toward the center and roll it up. Seal the top edges with water (You can wrap it according to your preferences).
- Add cooking oil to a preheated pan. Fry the lumpia, in batches, over medium heat for at least a minute on each sides or until golden brown.
- Set aside on a platter line with paper towel. Serve and enjoy!