Deviled eggs are simple, easy, and delicious. They make a great appetizer combined with just about any meal, especially during Easter and Thanksgiving. They also make an equally delicious snack. These tasty little treats can be made in about 25 min. Although it is not completely necessary, it is always good to place them in the fridge and allow them to chill for about an hour before serving.
As with any recipe, there are a few critical tips to making deviled eggs. First, ensure that you follow the steps of placing the cold eggs into a pot, and cover them with cold water. Do not boil the water first and place the cold eggs in. Secondly, bring the water to a boil and turn off the heat, and allow them to sit for 15 min. Then, place them into cold water for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, replacing the water once or twice during that time. This process will ensure that the eggs are boil perfectly. More importantly, it will produce an untarnished yolk and white. There is nothing worse than having hard-boiled eggs with a green or gray tinge.
As with any recipe, you can adjust the seasoning and mayonnaise according to your taste. If you find the egg jokes are a little on the dry side, at little more mayonnaise. If you are garlic lover, at little more garlic. This applies to all the seasoning suggested in this recipe.
Give this recipe a try today. Without a word of a lie, your family and friends will love it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- spring onions
- water for boiling eggs
- Servings: 5
- Time: 35 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place egg in a deep pot. Pour in cold water about 1 inch to cover the eggs. Bring to a boil.
- After a boil, turn off heat. Cover the pot and allow egg to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the eggs and submerge them in a bowl of cold water. Replace the water one or twice during this period as it will cool off due to the temperature, the eggs.
- Peel the eggs and slice in half diagonally. Remove the egg yolks and set them aside in separate bowl. Place the egg whites into a deviled egg tray or a platter.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, add the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix using a wooden spoon or fork until well combined and creamy. Add more mayonnaise or other seasoning if desired.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill or serve right away. Enjoy!