Pork chops adobo or adobong pork chop are one variation of an adobo dish in the Philippines. It is similar to many types of adobo; however, the cut of meat differs. This time we are using a pork chop cut. There are many ways of cooking adobo depending on the province where it is made. The process is similar to traditional marinating, sauteing, and stewing. Some locals do not marinate the meat and some do. In this case, we recommend the pork chops be marinated for at least an hour in order to ensure the juices have soaked into the meat. If you don’t want to marinate, by all means, do it in your preferred way and the outcome should be fine. The concept, however, is to make sure three ingredients are present in your dish: soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. Whatever the method you use to make adobo, the taste is similar. Adobo is adobo and that’s what Filipino’s have grown up with. This dish is great for picnics and other special gatherings. If you have pork chops at home, why not making this authentic recipe today.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 pork chop cuts
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp whole pepper corns
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup green peas or frozen peas
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 1 hour 30 minutes (including marinating)
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Marinate pork chops in a deep container with soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and whole pepper corns for at least an hour.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Drain the pork chops and place in a pan. Sear them until all sides are brown. Save the marinating juice.
- When all sides are brown, pour in the remaining marinating sauce, water, bay leaves, and pepper. Cover and allow to simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the green peas. Simmer for additional 10 minutes and turn off heat.
- Serve with hot rice and enjoy!