Angel hair chicken is such an easy dish to put together but ever so elegant and delicious. I always make it for a midweek meal due to the fact it only takes half an hour to make. It is composed of a combination of ingredients such as boneless, skinless chicken breasts, carrots, broccoli, angel hair pasta, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. All of these most people have in their pantries and fridges.
You can use spaghetti noodles in a pinch, but there is just something about the texture of the angel hair pasta that makes it so unique. Of course, the spices of your choice can be used. In example, a bit of rosemary or thyme would never hurt, I use boneless, skinless breasts because they are so easy to work with and healthy, but you can use other cuts of chicken as well.
It’s also a great dish to serve up for social events as it so easy to make, pretty, and simple.Believe me, the entire family, friends, and even the kids will love the dish.
Try it and enjoy your angel hair chicken.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Video:[/btn]
- 8 oz or 230 grams of angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 medium carrots sliced diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 large cloves or 3 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tsp of dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of grated parmesan, divided
- Boil salted water to a rapid boil and place pasta in. Allow it to cook for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside in a bowl. There will also be instructions on the package.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken in and fry for about 4 or 5 minutes until it is no longer pink.
- Set the chicken aside in bowl and keep it warm.
- In the same pan, add more oil, and the carrots. Cook them for 3 minutes or so.
- Place the broccoli in and allow it to cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, stir, and saute for a minute or so – do not burn the garlic.
- Pour in the chicken stock, the chicken, basil, salt, pepper, and half the grated parmesan.
- Stir, bring to a boil, and cook for about four minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta, sprinkle more parmesan over, serve, and enjoy your angel hair pasta chicken.