Avocado toast, depending on what you put on it, is delicious and healthy. Of course you can do them up many ways, but I’m just sharing my favorite. Starting with mango avocado, orange, tomato, and apple avocado with balsamic vinegar on each. They are simply to die for and your family and friends will love them.
Be sure to use a good brown bread – don’t use white. I use honey and oat. Make sure the avocados are ripe. You can tell by the color and the way they feel. The same applies to the tomatoes, oranges, apples, and mango.
Give them a try and let us know what you think.
Avocado Toast Done Four Ways
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 4 pieces of good brown toast
- 1 tomato cut and sliced to fit nicely over bread
- 3 ripe avocados
- fresh basil torn into pieces
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 – 8 slices of orange
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, copped
- 1/4 of a small chopped onion
- chili flakes
- 2 tsp of honey
- Cut the avocados in half, pot the pit out, and scrape the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the up using a potato masher or fork.
- For the Tomato:
- Scoop a good portion up and spread it evenly over one of the pieces of toast.
- Lay the tomatoes over the top followed by the basil.
- Then drizzle the balsamic vinegar over it.
- For the Orange:
- As the tomato, spread the avocado over the top.
- Place the orange evenly over follow by the basil.
- Again a drizzle of balsamic.
- For the Mango:
- Add the mango, onion, chili flakes, cilantro, balsamic vinegar to a bowl and mix well.
- Same process as with the others, spread the avocado over the toast and place the mango mixture on.
- For the Apple:
- Spread the avocado over the toast and lay the apples over them followed by the honey.
- Enjoy you avocado toast.