Spooky taco salad is a simple and delicious Halloween treat. The ingredients are similar to that of a normal taco. The difference lies in the presentation. The base of the dish is a ground beef taco bed, followed by a layer of onions, iceberg lettuce, and two tomatoes laid on top. In the center of the tomatoes, some sour cream is spread with a final topping of two black olives. The appearance of the salad is two strange and spooky eyes glaring at you.
To prepare this dish, we use a homemade taco seasoning, but if you don’t have the base spices, feel free to use the store-bought seasoning. It is also best to use a lean ground beef as the spices don’t mix well with a lot of fat. If you have to use a fatty cut of beef, make sure you strain it about halfway through the cooking process. Try this recipe on Halloween. Make sure you serve the spooky taco salad in the dark with only a glowing pumpkin or candles in the background. Your friends and family will most certainly love it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 lb ground beef
- 250 g tomato sauce
- 1 pouch (2 1/2 tbsp) taco seasoning
- 3.5 oz nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterrey jack or Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup water
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place ground beef in a preheated pan and stir over medium heat until light brown.
- Season with taco seasoning, and stir until nicely combined.
- Pour in water and tomato sauce. Stir, cover, and simmer over medium low heat for at least 20 minutes.Turn off heat and set aside.
- Place nacho tortilla chips in a greased baking pan. Sprinkle with grated cheeses evenly. Spread the meat mixture over the top of cheese and top with another layer of cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 325° F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and place on serving plate. Sprinkle the top with chopped onion and top with lettuce.
- Arrange two slices of tomato for the eyes, drop about a tablespoonful of sour cream on each tomatoes, and put black olives in the center for an eyeball.
- Serve and enjoy!